Monday, June 25, 2012

All Occasions Minis (Kathy Orta style)

hello every one and how is your day going fine I hope, mine is so I guess you want to know just what have I've been up to in my long absence well first I must say that me and my good friend Pam (pocono pam) as she is known everywhere else have made a pactt no to purchase any scrappy items for a year unless its glue, or tools that need replacing and let me tell you its really been working for me its been hard not going shopping on the weekends and getting at least $100.00 worth of scrappy goodies but on the flip side it has me using up my stash and I mean really digging inot it hard I have made a few things and used up a lot of stuff so with out futher adue lets just get started.


here is a book I made with a tutorial purchased from Kathy Orta as shes known on youtube she is great!!  beyond great she is phenomenomal as a matter of fact her blog is called paper phenomenomal here is a link to her blog http://www.paperphenomenon.blogspot.com/   where you can purchase tutorials and watch her videos,  when it comes to minis with style and lots of real estate Kathy is your girl,  l I just love her work,  This one is called the All Occasion Mini, and is turly lives up to its name, you can make this mini (not so mini) for any occasion with any paper

While I have not come up with a title for this one yet but I love love love it As you can see the title will have to have the word journey in it somewhere becaues it was in the paper and I just loved the way it looked on the front of the book, this paper I purchased from a site called flowers to flurshes where they have a new deal of the day every day and it will break you if you keep going back for more, but needless to say I saw this paper kit and just had to have it, it was a really good price for a pack of 25 sheets of paper and embellishments (I could'nt pass it up and yes it was before I started this pactt with pam) back to the book this paper sat around my room for months and months because I thought it was just to pretty to cut into, but when I couldnt purchase anything else I had to use it when I saw this book,

theres plenty of room in this book for 4x6 pictures and journaling and the paper is all glittery (is this a word) I had glitter all over the place but I couldnt stop working on this

is'nt it pretty, it's so pretty that I just had to make another to prove the theory that it is an all occasion mini and here it is

I had some christmas paper that I thought was sooooo pretty in the store and I just had to have it and iat sat around the craft room for a while before I did this book so here it is


well guess what I had to do it again and heres #3


I did an unamed, a Christmas and a Holloween one and I love all three of them, now Im working on two more, one a baby boy and another a baby girl, and they are both lovley here's the boy one


have not got the title together yet but I just know it will be beautful
Now on to the next project


I want to do some craft fairs when they come my way so I have started on a few things these are some post-it-note holders that I want to sell, their real cute and they are made from coasters and a little paper and a small clip I think I can sell them for about $2.00 what do you think

Well thats all for now go a few more things comming down the pike and when they are done I will post them, until then, as tigger would say TTFN








No comments: